(Photo: Tourist Channel)
One of the most emblematic roles of actor Dan Aikroyd – Ray Stanz of the Ghostbusters franchise, who was just a hint of his interest in the world of the paranormal, because the actor was chosen as the narrator of the new series Journey on the Canal – Hotel Paranormal. In countless scary places around the world, hotels have established themselves as hotspots of activity. The theory of these hotels is that the huge number of guests coming in and out of these places means that the remaining energy is forever rooted in their walls, because the new series will present real life stories about terrible collisions. The premiere of the Paranormal Hotel takes place on Saturday the 11th. July at 10:00 p.m. IT.
As a long-time believer in ghost beliefs, I believe that the incredible encounters we report at the Paranormal Hotel will open many minds and hopefully break down people’s skepticism about the paranormal, Aikroyd said in his statement. I’m happy to be able to use my voice to help bring the public across America together with these exciting stories about real ghosts, which often take place in their own backyards.
According to the press release, in the first episode a travelling salesman registers in a motel where he uses his mobile phone to document his poltergeist activities. On the run at night, he’s possessed by the killer’s ghost and needs an exorcism. On a school trip to the Vatican, a teenager and his friends accidentally let go of an old evil and suffered the consequences. The reporter then traces the story to Connecticut when she stops at a historic hotel in New England to fight a supernatural attack. All these guests were prey to a paranormal predator.
The rest of the season is structured as follows:
Dark Story – Premiere Saturday the 18th. July, 10:00. ET
- Supernatural events force the hotel owner to dig up buried secrets, the cook is terrorized by a ghostly woman in red, and the boy is threatened by a dark ghost in a luxury hotel.
Paranormal Lens – Premiere on Saturday the 25th. July, 10 p.m. ET
- A guard hunts down a mysterious intruder in a remote luxury hotel, an alien chases two tourists back to their rooms and a small town widow is sheltered by a devilish creature for breakfast.
Perfume Territory – Premiere on Saturday 1. August at 10 p.m. ET
- Repairs feed the anger of ghosts in the infamous Arizona hotel, the doorman is attacked by the ghost of a murdering pirate, and in a historic hotel a woman meets a dead teenager.
When the ghosts come – Premiere Saturday the 8th. August, 10 p.m. ET
- The skeptic becomes a believer when a ghost bride appears on the balcony of a hotel, ghost creatures attack a father and daughter in New Orleans, and a man in a motel along the way fights the ghost of a serial killer.
Spirits haunted by many – Premiere Saturday the 15th. August, 10 p.m. ET
- A waitress with cocktails is attacked by intruders in the hotel bar, while the owner of the bed and breakfast is deterred by a succubus during the renovation of an old brothel.
Confidential Perfume – Premiere on Saturday 22nd. August, 10 p.m. ET
- A romantic getaway turns into a horror night, dark spirits terrorize the receptionist during the night shift and a guard appears in the spooky bathroom of a glistening Californian hotel.
Witch’s hour – Premiere on Saturday 29. August, 10 p.m. ET
- An intruder attacks the hotel owner in the middle of the night, the couple wakes up to shake their bed, and the woman receives a strange phone call to a scary motel.
Dark Mysteries – Premiere on Saturday the 5th. September at 22.00 ET
- The hotel owner struggles to save the property from the dark forces that haunt it, while a woman seeking luxury in a four-star spa meets a spooky chambermaid.
Evil Residents – Premiere on Saturday the 12th. September, 22:00 ET
- A guard meets a well-dressed soul in a large hotel in California, an invisible attacker scratches the woman and a young girl looks at the shadow of a man emerging from her hotel suite.
Be on the lookout for the premiere of the Paranormal Hotel series on Saturday the 11th. July at 22.00 ET on the travel channel.
Are you looking forward to the new series? Let us know in the comments below or contact Patrick Cavanaugh directly on Twitter to discuss all the horrors and Star Wars!
Disclosure: owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.